Sunday, October 09, 2005

On Your Marks, Get Set...

Goodbye! I’m off to meet my staging group in Los Angeles today. I can’t believe that the time has actually come. Or that all my stuff actually fits into my bags. Carrying them is a whole separate issue, of course. The minor detail they forget to mention about having one hundred pounds of luggage is… well, I myself don’t weigh ALL that much more than that. And I don’t usually walk around carrying an entire human being draped on me. But it builds character, right? At least that’s what I’ve been attempting to tell myself as I stagger around under it all. Anyways, back to the whole leaving thing. I will try to check in if I can once I arrive in Samoa but I’m not sure what my access will be like there yet. So I thought I would wish myself bon voyage on your behalves and say goodbye en masse, in the least personal way possible. Keep in touch, and I will do my very best to do the same. Love to everyone (even those of you I don’t know- I’m in a charitable mood these days)! Here we go…