Friday, January 13, 2006

Rebellion


Okay, so I’ve spent the past week or so away from home. I figured I would take advantage of my vacation time right now to not be tied down to the place I know I’ll have to be all the time in the future. I came home today hoping my happy little house would be thrilled at my return. But I guess while I was away my inanimate objects got a bit restless. I walked in to find that about half my living room floor was under a thin layer of water. This wasn’t hugely surprising since it has been raining torrentially here for the past week or so. It was a little strange that the puddle didn’t actually extend to any of the windows but whatever, I’m no hydrologist and don’t pretend to understand water flow patterns. I cleaned it up and went about my merry way. Upon opening the back door and preparing to go downstairs to do laundry another interesting discovery of unrest was made, possibly a justification of the first- a huge breadfruit tree from my neighbor’s yard had apparently decided to fall over into my yard, heavily compromising my laundry line (lying on top of it, rather). It’s a pretty impressive sight. Makes me wonder if perhaps in it’s throes of crashing down it somehow thrust large quantities of water through my windows and onto my living room floor? Perhaps a mystery that shall never be solved. Oh well. So then I went to go open up my computer to type up some emails and to upload my pictures of the disaster in my backyard. Opening it up, I notice a very strange sight. A sight one is NOT supposed to see on a computer, and most definitely a first in my lifetime. My computer is actually growing mold. Computers really aren’t supposed to be fuzzy. So, needless to say, I am currently one functioning computer short of my old house inventory. I have no idea if it will be reviveable at a later date- right now it’s hanging out inside a ziploc bag with my little dehumidifier who is hopefully working really hard towards the advancement of my cause. Ah, and apparently the right burner on my little two-burner stove has decided it doesn't like to work in the rain either. Hmmm... I have to say I’m a little afraid to further pursue the items in my house for fear of additional incident that I’m not yet psychologically strong enough to face. But hey... at least my phone line is working for a change :)