Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Exciting News!


This seems a slightly strange forum for this but since it’s currently my primary form of communication and the easiest way to mass-disseminate information, I have some news… I’m engaged! Andrew, my fiancé, is a member of the same Peace Corps group that I came to Samoa with, and he is working here at the National University of Samoa teaching computer programming. He and I met in LA during staging to come here, started going out within the first week, and things have continued along to the point where we have decided we want our second year in country to be as a married couple. We’re planning on coming back to California in October for a couple of weeks and getting married there so that family and friends can be a part of our celebration and then we’ll return here and probably live in my house next year. It’s quite funny actually that we both grew up in southern California, probably a 45 minute drive apart, but we had to come halfway around the world to find each other here. We’re both really happy and excited to attempt to plan a wedding from a distance- should be an interesting challenge if nothing else. Fortunately family has proved willing to help us along stateside in the endeavor. We’re thrilled to be able to share our news with everyone and can’t express how excited we are to be coming home in six months for this occasion!