Monday, January 23, 2006

Resurrection?

It appears that my computer has come back from the dead. This morning I was about to take the hard drive out to hand it over to someone more likely to pull important info off it than I and I figured what the heck, might as well just push the on button one last time, can hardly hurt to beat the dead horse... and the Dell startup screen appeared. I have to say I'm a little wary of this whole situation as it reeks of something supernatural and lacking in explanation and I have no idea if this is a permanent visit from the great beyond or only a temporary one. But even just for the day it's pretty exciting to have it in functional mode again, as much as I was excited about my new paperweight. Work officially starts here at school tomorrow as the teachers are planning to come back and get things set up. The students should be arriving in a couple of weeks so it's time to start thinking about the school year starting :) In other exciting news, my house and the whole school compound has been without water since last tuesday- apparently the main pipe broke. I finally decided I wasn't that rugged and called a plumber today after an exciting episode that involved Andrew and I attempting to patch the leak ourselves with some saran wrap and duct tape and then having the whole thing explode as soon as we turned the water back on. Maybe I'm not as handy as I thought I was. I'll stick to making clothing and curtains.