Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away

Rain makes things wet. Constant rain makes things never get dry. Things that never get dry make really great breeding grounds for mold. All kinds of mold! I have mold that likes to grow on sheets, mold that likes to grow on clothes and shoes, mold that likes to grow on electronics, mold that likes to grow out of chairs, mold that likes to grow on walls and ceilings, mold that likes to grow on my stove, yellow mold, white mold, brown mold, black mold, green mold, orange mold, mold that grows in small little clumps, mold that grows in circular ring-worm formation, mold that likes to grow big and hairy, mold that likes to stay small and try to escape notice… and my personal favorite: mold that likes to grow on lizard poop. Since the start of school has been delayed a couple of days due to the torrential downpours of rain, I have been waging full-time war against my new biggest enemy. Armed with my spray-bottle of bleach and water and my trusty mold removing sponge I wander around my house, afraid to sit on any item of furniture because I am 100% positive that it is covered in mold, spraying things at random in the hopes of extricating some small fraction of the spores that I am slightly concerned are on the verge of eating my house alive. I’m starting to have freaky dreams about waking up to find huge 10 foot tall mold spores sprouting every which way out of my ceiling, walls and floor.

To quote Raffi:
Oh Mr. sun, sun, Mr. golden sun won’t you PLEASE shine down on me!